Have you set up a reward system to encourage yourself to get through NaNoWriMo 2019?
A reward system is… exactly what it sounds like. A way to reward yourself for reaching certain word count goals and to encourage you to keep going and attain the next reward!
There are many different types of systems;
- if you meet your goal you get to read a page/chapter of a book
- if it’s a big goal maybe you get to BUY a book!
- When I get to 25k I’m going to treat myself to Starbucks
- For every 1000 words I write, I get to watch half an hour of YouTube videos
- if I reach 50k I’m going to reward myself with some NaNo Merch…
The possibilities are endless!
Last year I set up a box full of sweets. There was a special bag for my first 1667 words, but other than that, for every 1000 words I rewarded myself with a sweet and for bigger goals I threw a few extras in. Here’s what it looked like:
This year I’m doing something slightly different! I have braces now and can’t eat any of the yummy sweets I had for last year, so this year i’m going to use TEA. Those that know me, know that I love green tea. I’ve collected different types and I’m randomly putting them in the reward bags.
I already can’t wait to start earning these, and y’know, having to get up to make them will make sure I’m moving around as well, right?
Have you set up a reward system for NaNoWriMo? If you hadn’t thought about it before, are you going to now?
If so, what kind of thing is going into your reward box?