Back at the beginning of the year I posted a list of things I wanted to achieve in 2019 and I thought it could be fun to take a look at them again now and see whether my goals have stayed the same or shifted slightly.
My goals for the New Year:
– Finally make some kind of posting schedule for the different platforms I have a presence on AND STICK TO IT
– Finish writing Soul Echo: Divide, and work it through to completion.
– Work on Author Website
– Get better at Marketing
Non writing / social media related goals:
– Start going to the gym & work towards my weight loss & fertility goal
Have I met any of these??
Posting Schedule: Short answer; no. I am trying to be more mindful of what and when I post (With some mentoring from my friend Desdemona Wren who’s amazing at this).
Finish Soul Echo Divide: *screeching in the background* I had EVERY intention of doing this, but then I had a new idea (We’re looking at you, Reach) and it took over my brain so vividly that I had to stop working on SE2 and put some work into this one instead.
Work on Author Website & Get better at Marketing: Both of these have a similar answer to the first. I’ve got a list of improvements/things to add, I just need to actually sit and implement them.
Start going to the gym & work towards my weight loss & fertility goal : YES. A new gym opened up near work in March and I’ve been going regularly since it did. I’ve lost 2 stone in the last year and it feels GREAT.
Sooooo not a lot actually achieved, it looks like. Whoops.
Goals for the rest of 2019:
– Write Reach for NaNoWriMo 2019 and get the first draft DONE.
– Keep up with VSS365 on twitter
– Finally work on my website
What about you, have you set yourself any goals for this year? Have you managed to meet them?